I missed the sunshine.

Thursday 10th November 2011

 We have had  lovely weather for the past week but I have been sweating over a hot computer trying to get Gareth's figures and plans all calculated and typed up. Now that I have finished (I think), the sun has run off somewhere else and it is breezy and overcast.
Not only have I not been able to get out for the past week but I even had to miss my keyboard lesson yesterday (and believe me, I need the lessons). Ah such is the dedication that we parents lavish on our children. Gareth must owe me several pints when we get down at Christmas.


We did manage to get one afternoon out. It was a nice, if somewhat windy day so we decided to take the opportunity and get off tto South Ronaldsay to bother some seals. The grey seals are pupping at the moment. They seem to be a bit later this year and there were not so many about although some of the pups were quite well grown and were big enough to venture into the sea for a try at swimming.

Maybe a lot of them have just moved round to other bays a bit further orund the coast.
 It was a nice break to get out and see them, they always bring a smile to my face.


To complete the day there was a lovely sunset in the evening and a clear sky right over to Scotland.


It is the cagebird show on Friday and Saturday and we have to get the birds in tonight before 8PM. It's a bit unusual. Normally the shows are only for one day and we take the birds in early on the morning of the show. For some reason though the cagebird society want the birds in tonight and as it is a two day show, the birds will be away for 2 full days and no chance to give them a quick brush up before the judging as we are not allowed in before the judging is finished at about 2PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment