Aurora ????

Friday 9th March 2012
As you will probably have heard, there has been a very large solar storm that is supposed to lead to massive and very dramatic aurora displays. Indeed the aurora is supposed to be so powerful that we may be able to see it to the south of us, not just to the north.
This is of course assuming that the sky is nice and dark and is not covered in clouds.

Last night was a beautiful night, pleasantly warm and fairly calm with a huge, very bright moon. So bright in fact that therewas no chance of seeing any aurora. Tonight however is different. There is no visible moon because of the almost complete cloud cover. No aurora again then.
I will keep looking though just in case there is a break in the clouds. If there is then I will have to get up somewhere a bit higher.

Last Tuesday I went to my drawing class again and I rather foolishly took along a copy of Tim Wooton's painting, thinking that I could suggest that I try and draw the cockerel from the painting.
Sheen, the teacher (Perhaps I should call her the "art mistress" but that seems to have very shady overtones. Come to think of it though, she is not bad to look at.)
Anyway, back to the plot. Sheena decided that instead of just trying to draw the cockerel, I should try and draw a copy of the whole painting.
Rather surprisingly, the drawing is coming along OK, although it is taking a long time. I shall be very pleased with myself and big headed if it ends up anything like decent.
If it is OK when I have finished it, I will put up a photo on the blog so that you can heap praise on me.

Well, I will leave it now and go to have another look at the probably cloudy sky.

1 comment:

  1. They say we should see it too - clouds permitting. So far no joy. Look forward to seeing the painting though.

    ReplyDelete