Back to normal weather but no whisky.

Wednesday 8th September 2010
High winds, about gale force and as a bonus heavy rain at times.The benefit is that if the wind is really high the rain doesn't land as it just keeps going horizontally.
At least with not working I do not have to go out in it and I can look out of the window and see the waves rolling in on the far side of No 4 barrier, all very snug and scenic.

Today is the climax of the science festival as far as I am concerned. There is a bus trip round the two distilleries, "Highland Park" and "Scapa".
Scapa distillery does not normally do tours round the distillery and of the two it is my favourite whisky, lovely and creamy smooth, so I was looking forward to the trip.

The best laid plans of etc etc .... so it all fell to pieces.
Pam was not well, and much though I would have liked to go on the whisky tour, some things are even more important than whisky tasting. (Pam told me to put that bit in). So I stayed at home just in case I could do anything. As usual there was nothing I could do and I was probably more of a hinderance than a help but it shows willing.

With a bit of luck there will be another trip round the distilleries next year so all I have to do is make sure that I live for another year. (Must make a note not to take to much exercise this year in case I wear out something important before the next whisky trip).

Thursday was a nice day, fine with no wind at all. Unfortunately if we get sun and no wind then we get midges but on the bright side we hardly ever get days with no wind.
Duncan and his dad Hamish came up with Jock so Molly had a good run round the field with Jock. Duncan was hoping to get the roof on the extension but unfortunately a steel beam he needs has not arrived from down south.He was really cross as he had given them plenty of notice. As far as I am concerned, a few days delay doesn't make any difference but Duncan is not so relaxed. This must be a first, a southerner telling an Orcadian to relax.

On Friday and Saturday Pam was recovering a bit but still knackered so we stayed round the house but I got some shelves put up in the shed and a lot of stuff moved so not a total waste of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment