Childish excitement day

Friday 10th December 2010
Today was a really exciting day for those of us with small childish minds. I think that Pam thought I was being silly but you, dear reader can be the judge of that.

We've got a leak in the porch roof which I will have to fix but that is not very exciting.
Pam had a check-up at the surgery and they took some blood from me so Pam gave them a lovely home made christmas cake to share but that's not very exciting.

It blew a bit of a gale later this evening but that's not all that exciting either.



What is really exciting is that I've got some tickets for a cruise on a tall ship next summer.
One leg of the Tall Ships Race next year goes from Shetland past Orkney and, as it is not a competative leg, some of the ships are stoping off here. (17 I think). Orkney Ferries have organised some places on 3 or 4 of the ships for a 6 hour or so trip from Kirkwall, round South Ronaldsay, through the Pentland Firth and up to Stromness. They had originally only chartered places on one ship and I was sure thatthey would have sold out but then they chartered another three ships so I managed to get tickets.

This is The Sorlandet, a Norwegian ship which is one of the ships that has been chartered.


I always thought that the tall ships look beautiful but I never thought that I would get a chance to sail on one. I have therefore spent all day like an excited child, telling everybody how lucky I am.

Now dear reader, isn't that more exciting than a leaking roof.

On Saturday we nipped into Kirkwall to pick up the tickets for the tall ships trip and get a few Christmas presents. We will have to post the presents down south, probably to Gareth's and then sort them out when we get there. We can't take them down on the plane or we would be right over our baggage limit.
It was a bit windy in Kirkwall but I was surprised when I came round the side of the Kirkwall Hotel and got spun round and nearly taken off my feet by the wind. The wind gets channeled down the side of the hotel but I was not expecting it when I got round the front.

David and Claire came round in the sfternoon to admire Pam's new floor in the extension and to fetch Christmas presents and my birthday present.
(For those of you who have not yet bought me a fantastically expensive and highly derireable birthday present, my birthday is on the 20th so you have time yet. Further reminders will be posted on the blog at regular intervals.)

No comments:

Post a Comment