Food, Great Music and No Snow

Thursday 9th December 2010
It rained overnight and almost all the snow has gone so I walked with Molly down to the village and came back with the car. Molly was not impressed as she hates the car but as it is only about a mile back home, she managed it with only a medium calibre drool instead of the full blown drooling and throwing up that she normally performs in the car.

We went to the Kirkwall Hotel for the U3A Christmas meal at dinner time (When I use the term "dinner time" I mean mid day and not evening meal time which to me is teatime 'cos I am a peasant) and it was very good. Fortunately, Pam and I were sat next to some people that I know who are very chatty and interesting. The U3A up here is quite active, having lots of different groups and it is a good way of getting to know people.

After the meal, I went to The Reel to see if they had any tickets left for the do tonight and fortunately they had a few so we are in luck.

Home, then back to Kirkwall for 7:30PM at the Reel. It was a superb do. Saltfishforty were on first and were great, everybody was saying "That will take a bit of beating" but "Begley, Edey and Henderson" were as good or better. At the end, SaltFishForty came back on and the whole lot jammed it up for the last bit.

I couldn't find a video of all of them together but this is Kevin Henderson playing at a tutors concert in a fiddle school.

They are all brilliant musicians and really fed off each other in the jam session. Then thay all had to rush off as they were supposed to be catching a ferry to Shetland for their gigs tomorrow and they had left it a bit late.

No comments:

Post a Comment