Snowploughs polish ice beautifully

Tuesday 7th December 2010
I had a look at the roads this morning when I took Molly for her walk, and though there was a lot of snow, I thought that I would be able to make it out from home and back again. On the way back from our walk however we met a snowplough coming back from up by our house. It had done a wonderful job of going down the hill and leaving a 2 inch layer of really well polished compacted snow on the road.

At least the views were still nice, there was no wind and the snow was still clean and white.

I went to the Hope anyway to post some parcels but there was no chance of getting back up the hill. I tried 3 or 4 times but gave up and left the car at the bottom of the hill.

As we are going back down south for Christmas, I have bought a big outdoor feeder for the ducksso that I can ask Duncan to just fillit up a couple of times while we are away.

I thought however that I had better have a shelter to keep it out of the worst of the weather. As I was wanted a shelter for the food then it may as well be big enough for the ducks to use for shelter aswell. I briefly looked at duck houses and then decided I was to mean so I gathered together some old pallets and bits of chipboard that the builders had left lying about and behold, we have a very ugly but very cheap duck house. I even managed to find a piece of chipboard with a duck sized hole in it so we now have a door firmly tied on with string. (I had no baling twine handy).

We have had no hot water today because of a snag on the heating system but at 6:30PM after walking up the hill because he could not get his van up, the plumber arrived unexpectedly. Apparently it was just a thermostat fault that he fixed no problem but I thought it was good of him to turn out at that time in that weather. We could have managed until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment