A bad start to Bab's holiday

Monday 1st August 2011
I have been feeling a bit rough for a few days and this morning I woke feeling terrible with a few symptoms which we will not go into at the moment in the interest of good taste.
I decided that i had better go to the doctor, so I rang the surgery and beetled off down there. (This is Orkney and we don't do making appointments for hours or days in the future)

I went in to see the GP but he just seemed horrified and sent me straight to hospital. Fortunately he sent me to The Balfour, not to Aberdeen hospital.
The hospital did loads of tests and samples and kept me in overnight (A brilliant start to Bab's holiday.)
I was X rayed, scanned, sampled and scanned again before they decided that I had a Kidney infection and possibly kidney stones.
This is the first time that I have ever stayed in hospital (I don't suppose that it w be the lastas I am getting older)

I was very impressed with the Balfour. it is only a little cottage hospital but they were extremely thorough and careful. All the staff from the tea ladies and cleaners to the doctors and consultants were bright, cheery and friendly and the wards were kept spotless. The food is cooked on the premises and is very good, so except for being bored, it was not an unpleasant introduction to hospitals.

In the end they gave me a whole load of antibiotics and allowed me to go home on Tuesday afternoon but I have to go back in a month for them to check me over again.

All this has unfortunately meant that Babs could not get all the O.U. work done that she had hoped but we can look after Harry for the next couple of days so that she can get it finished.


While I was lazing about i the balfour Pam and Babs took Harry down to the beach by No1 barrier so at least they could have a holiday even if Babs couldn't get her O.U finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment