I am in trouble again.

Wednesday 3rd August 2011
 Today is our wedding anniversary. Pam tactfully reminded me of this in the morning and i  supposed to get a card.
We were out all day with  Harry and I forgot the card so I am in the doghouse again.
In my defence, we were busy all day and I am still not really feeling 100% but short of being actually dead, I don't think that Pam will take any excuses. (Even if I were dead, I think that I would probably be expected to have bought a card before exiting this mortal world.)

 We took Harry to Breck Childrens's farm to give Babs some time for her O.U assignment. The children's farm opened about a year ago and we had been before with Harry. Last year it was a bit basic but I thought that as they had just opened then they needed a bit of time to get things together and build up their stock, penning and buildings etc it would be much better this year.
 I was wrong. It is really just a collection of their pet animals, a play area and a cafe all in the same barn. The cafe is new  but everything else is just the same as last year. The place has a lot of potential and it is a shame that more is not being made of it. Harry enjoyed it though although he was not to sure about getting to close to the animals. The chickens were OK but I think that the larger animals were a bit to much for him. He enjoyed the play area which has a track with a load of little tractors to scoot along. If he goes into farming then maybe he has decided to go into arable rather than livestock farming.

 I would have taken some photos as I almost always take my camera with me when I go out but unfortunately due to a certain small boy thinking that the camera is a really good thing to fiddle with, I have taken to keeping it in a drawer. This means that unfortunately with my advancing years and consequent bad memory, as the camera is not in front of my face then I forget to take it with me. You dear readers will just have to put up with the lack of the usual astounding photos for this week or until I find a cure for old age. 







No comments:

Post a Comment