Another Tuesday

Tuesday 25th January 2011
Pam is all excited because the extension is more or less finished. We moved some furniture in and put up some pictures today just to make it look less spartan.


I still think that the new living room needs some big rugs down on it. I am not a fan of great areas of wooden flooring but I am told that this is just because I am an old fashioned peasant.



I will not be allowed to get a fitted carpet in there but I shall attempt to hold out for a large rug, the larger the better.
Pam has suggested 2 sheepskins but I think that I can get away with something up to about 10 foot square. WATCH THIS SPACE.

On the chicken front, I phoned the Wernlas Collection and, joy of joys, they have some silver/grey Dorkings. They will phone me back in a few days once they know how the fertility of their eggs is. If they have some fertile eggs then I can pick up some birds when we go back down south at Easter.
We had some Dorking and some Jersey Giant hatching eggs arrive today. After letting them settle for a bit I put them in the new incubator but I am not 100% sure that the temperature is correct and I don't think that my thermometers are accurate.

In the evening I took Molly to her obedience class. I got the day right this time. I think that Molly is still Mrs Thain's favourite, even after last weeks exhibition of gross disobedience. this week however, she had settled down and was very good.
I felt a bit sorry for the other border collie in the group. She does everything perfectly but always seems very humble and subservient. Mrs Thain told her owner that she was always going to be just a very obedient dog. Rather damning with feint praise.
Molly on the other hand is over excited and either does everything at super speed or does not do it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment