Pam is getting crafty

Thursday 20th January 2011
There was a U3A meeting in Kirkwall today organised by the craft group so we toddled in to have a look and it was better than I expected.
Some of the people are really good. I was particularly impressed with some of the straw work and some of the work, especially from one particular lady.Her feltwork looked like embroidery until I looked closer. Pam was so impressed that she has decided to join the craft group. We will wait with bated breath to see what she produces.

In the vening I took Molly to her obedience class. She has not been this term. (Is term the right word for dog classes?) She has been on heat since we got back after christmas down south.
I made a mistake with the days and we ended up in the beginners class instead of the bronze group that we are supposed to be in. As we were there I decided that we may as well stop. This was probably a good thing as Molly was totally disobedient. It may be that she was not fully off heat but all she wanted to do was play with the other dogs. I think that we have a lot of work to do before we go to her proper bronze group class on Tuesday.

On Friday I took Molly out for a walk for the first time since just after she came on heat. As usual she ignored me for the first bit but then she calmed down and was quite good, walking the last mile to heel almost properly.
Later on Steve from across the road came over to have a look at the extension and the kitchen as he is having some work done and wanted to see the standard of Duncans work. I think that Duncan has definitely got the job as he apparently put in the lowest estimate by a long way and Steve was very impressed with the work he has done for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment