A beauuuuutiful Day

Saturday 26th February 2011
A really beautiful day today. One of those days when it would be a sin to stay inside.
I took Molly out for a walk to the western end of Burray overlooking the causeway to Hunda. It's the first time that we have been all the way but it was so pleasant that we just kept ambling along. there was one part that was a bit iffy. The cliff top had crumbled away leaving a remnant of the path about one foot wide and a bit crumbly. I held onto the fence while going along this bit and asked Molly to stop pulling. I was thinking at the time that grabbing hold of the barbed wire fence if I started to fall could have been painful but probably less painful than falling.
The photo is Molly just in front of the causway to Hunda to prove that we actually made it there.

It was worth the hassle getting there though. The western tip of Burray is low lying, flat and a bit marshy with lots of little pools. There are loads of little pools and loads of birds. More than a dozen seals were lounging about on the rocks until we startled themand they all humped off into the sea where they sat watching us.





There is a lovely view and you can see the scenic oil tanks and flare on flotta.




When we got back I let Molly loose in the garden with a long string attached to her collar so that I could catch her if I needed to. She only chased the chickens once and was quite good for Molly, lounging about on the grass most of the time. She even helped a little with the gardening by eating all the chicken shit that was on the lawn until she made herself sick. (She still hasn't learned though and chicken shit is still one of her favourite foods)

Pam made more cakes to try out on me as a cake guinea pig. This time it was Brandy snaps and chocolate muffins. Although they were all well baked, (I have to say that) I am not to keen on chocolate but the brandy snaps were good.

No comments:

Post a Comment