Pilgrimages to Burray?

Wednesday 23rd March 2011
We may become a new centre for pilgrimages. I opened a tub of butter this morning and Behold!!, a face miraculously appeared in the butter.


Now, I do not know much about the appearance of all the christian saints and so can not say which one it is. I am sure however that such a miraculous appearance of a human face must be due to some supernatural intervention.

We could get the Burray Community Association to set up a shrine to "The Butter Saint" and make a fortune for Burray. Maybe we could set up the shrine in a fridge in the old, somewhat tatty,community hall and then with all the money we make from pilgrims we could build a new state of the art hall.

Unfortunately, somewhat later I found that Pam had spread the face of "The Butter Saint" over a slice of toast. Ah well, such are the dreams of men.

Meryn and Graham from "Banks" down the road, came up to collect some eggs that we had offered them. Meryn is an archeologist and her pet theories seem to be about brewing beer in neolithic times. Studying archeology and brewing seems to me to be very close to the perfect occupation.
From what Meryn was saying, the consensus of opinion is that brewing was not being carried out in the neolithic. I think that I would tend to agree with Meryn but it seems to be a more complicated question than at first sight.
Graham is going to let me have some of his home brew when it is ready in exchange for the eggs. I may treat the brew with some caution just in case it has been brewed by some neolithic method which may involve details that I probably do not want to know about.

Later on I found that we have gained some more livestock for free. There is a rat in the shed somewhere. Well to be precise there is some rat shit in the shed so I am assuming that there is a rat or possibly more than one rat.
Now, given the earlier miraculous event with "The Butter Saint",it may be possible to have rat shit without having to have a rat but I think that I will assume that we probably have a rat. I shall put some poison down and see if the aforementioned rodent excrement ceases to appear.

No comments:

Post a Comment