Pam has a phone marathon and I get younger.

Thursday 24Th March 2011
A few dats of masterly inactivity. Nothing much has happened at all, in fact Pam was so bored that she spent from about quarter to seven until quarter past ten on the phone solidly. Admittedly she spoke to about three different people but nearly three and a half hours on the phone!!!
If gossiping was an olympic sport then we would be in with a really good chance of a medal. All this time spent on the phone is apparently without anything being said as if I ask what she spoke about the reply is normally "Oh nothing really". I hate to imagine how long the calls would be if there was actually anything that needed to be said.

On a brighter note, I must be getting younger. A few weeks ago the medic put me on statins as my cholesterol levels were just above the recommended levels. I had a few aches and pains and so he has taken me off them, saying that I did not really need them in the first place and the cholesterol is now down below the recommended level.
When he put me on them I thought that it was just a sign that I was getting older and was not immortal after all. Having been taken off them my ideas about eternal youth and immortality have returned and I shall outive you all.

The medic was very good though, not like your silly southern doctors. He said that if I get a bit of cramp in the night then quinine is good for cramp and tonic water has quinine in it. His suggestion therefore was to have a gin and tonic before bed. Unfortunately though this can not be obtained on an NHS prescription so I will have to buy my own. Another result of the cuts in NHS spending I suppose.

Pam is going to the Fossil museum cafe tomorrow to show them what she can bake so she has spent all day today practising and we now have a kitchen full of a multitudinous variety of cakes. I am sure that we stand no chance of eating them all so maybe the ducks and chickens are in for a treat in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment