A quiet couple of days but with promise.

Thursday 23rd June 2011
Not a lot today but then at my age I can only stand a limited amount of excitement.
Pam had her craft group this morning so more handbags I suppose. You do all know what you are getting for Christmas, birthdays and so on don't you.
Ater that it was the U3A monthly general meeting. The main disadvantage of Pam being the secretary is that now we have to go to the general meetings which are not normally fascinating.
A couple of good things came out of it though. Firstly, Ken was seeing if there would be any interest in a birdie group trip to the Pentland Skerries and secondly the archeology group is definitely up running with the first trip to be next month to Eday. ( I shall have to remember to swot up on Eday archeology before we go.)
I put my name down for the Pentland Skerries trip even though it is a bit on the expensive side for the boat hire.

I ordered another dozen Andalusian hatching eggs as we only managed to hatch 3 from the last lot. I think that it was because the old incubator was not brilliant and we had a power cut for a few hours on one day when the eggs were in. Hopefully the expensive supa-dupa new incubator will prove that it was worth the money with this lot.
On Friday Pam bought some Blue Cochin eggs from ebay so the incubator is going to be earning its keep hopefully.
I had a nice quiet friday morning as Pam went off with Helen to the Fossil Centre cafe for a cup of tea. It took two hours so they must serve much bigger cups than they used to. Still they both came back all bubbly, so they must have enjoyed themselves.

Dave rang later on to say that the ringing group had just contacted him and they were ringing on Swona tomorrow, did I want to go. Yes, so frantic dashing round making butties and packing waterproofs just in case. I am going to Auskerry on Sun this will have been a good island bagging week although I have already been to Swona once.

No comments:

Post a Comment