To much to do, so I didn't

Sunday 3rd July 2011
One of my dorking cockerels has decided that it is easier to go next door and rape all the hens there rather than compete with the other cockerels at home. ( Next door has just got rid of all his cockerels)
I thought that in the interests of good neighbourliness I had better build another pen and keep the dorkings in as well. I built it a bit higher than normal as the dorkings are fairly nimble birds.
The field is looking better now though with all except the light sussex in their own pens.

The food for the chickens is fairly expensive, about twice the price that it used to be when we had chickens down south so I have been looking round for something a bit cheaper. James Wishart, the son of Pam's friend Helen sells crushed barley so I went and got some of thet today. It is half the price of pellets and the hens love it. Unfortunately the sparrows and starlings also love it so I shall have to get some closed feeders.

I even had some time this week to play with my trains. I am trying to fit a chip to an engine so that it can be controlled by a sort of computer control. If I can get this figured out then it will make the electrics for the model railway a lot simpler but it is not very straightforward fitting the chip to an old type of engine and there is nothing specific to the model that I have on the internet. Still if I can figure it out then it will give me some understanding.

On Thursday I got an early morning wake up call from Mark Wooton. He rang the wrong number but it was nice to hear from him and to hear that Ivor is OK and still going strong.
Pam mowed the lawn and it is now looking much more tidy without all those orchids that I had been mowing round sticking up all over the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment