Snow place like home.

Saturday 27th November 2010
This morning everywhere was covered in snow. The views from the house to The Hope and across to Flotta and Hoy were great.

If you were feeling really festive then you could say that the flare on flotta was reminiscent of the candle on a Christmas cake.


It was not possible to get up our road so I thought I would drive to The Hope to post some parcels. On my way down to Burray village I met some people who had abandoned their car because it wouldn't get up the hill. It was however, to late to change my mind so I carried on.
Just across the barriers there was a 4*4 parked upside-down onits roof on top of a stone wall,(another hint about driving conditions).
The car had been driven by a young girl from The Hope but she was not badly hurt which is surprising.

Surprisingly I managed to get back home in the little Yaris although the last 1/4 mile was in first gear. I think that if I had touched the accelerator or brake on the last bit up the hill to the house then I would have slid all the way back down the hill. However, all's well the etc.

After all that excitement I just sat back and watched Babe, Pig in the City. That's one of the advantages of being old. You can watch kids films on telly and nobody takes the piss.

No comments:

Post a Comment