A trip out for Pam

Sunday 7th November 2010
When I was down at Windwich yesterday I noticed a path across the fields which I thought Pam may be able to make even though she is still recovering from her op.
We went up to give it a go and apart from one dicey bit on an awkward stile, Pam managed OK. So she finally got to see some seals and pups. I was pleased as I had begun to feel guilty about going off and seeing things when Pam was stuck in.

To make Pam's day even better, we went to Kirkwall where they were having a "Girls day out". Most of the shops had opened especially which they do not normally do on sundays. They all had their prices reduced and so I went overboard and bought a pair of warm gloves (Men were also allowed to buy things). I do not know what Pam bought and I am much to tactful to ask.

At night the wind came up very quickly and by midnight it was a force 9 severe gale. The noise of the wind howling outside and rattling the door of the porch and the letterbox scared Molly the brave dog. I had to go and let her in from the porch so that she could sleep in front of the stove in the living room before she scratched the door down. As soon as I opened the porch door Molly shot into the house with her tail between her legs as if the devil was after her.

The gales lasted all day on Monday and were from the south east so the barriers were shut until 3:30PM so loads of people from Burray and South Ronaldsay had an involountary holiday. It stayed dry though so Molly and I had a very bracing walk down to the village and back. Fortunately the wind was with us on the way back which is uphill.

On Tuesday the gales stopped so we thought that we had better get out while we could. We just toddled off to Stromness for lunch but then that's what you are supposed to do when you are retired.

Wednesday was Molly's day. Not only did she get taken for a walk but Jock came up, so she went out into the field with him twice. To top it all, when we came back in from the field the second time, Duncan had gone off to Kirkwall for something so we got Jock into the house. This is not as easy as it sounds as Jock will not even go into Duncan's house. I am not that Jock will ever come in again after being bounced at incessantly for about 20 minutes until Duncan returned and rescued him.

No comments:

Post a Comment