Another bit of a do nothing day.

Saturday 28th August 2010

I had a bit of a lie-in this morning as I was knackered because my rheumaticy old joints had kept me awake. Old age has many advantages but this is not one of them.

We had noticed that June Morris from North Ronaldsay was giving a talk on genetics at the science festival and we wondered if she had anywhere to stay after she had done her talk as she would not have been able to get a ferry back home at that time of night. We phoned her up and it turned out that she has not got anything organised yet so she is now staying with us overnight before she goes back.

We then went into the big city for some shopping and when we got back home Pams new vacuum had arrived (Oh delerious joy). I had to get it assembled immediately so that Pam could have a play. I am sure that I could think of better things to play with but then I have never claimed to understand the weird way that a womans mind works. At least Pam is happy.

Gareth gave me a hand to get the doors from the loft in the house up onto the rafters in the shed and we got a load of the stuff in the shed up onto the doors. With a bit more tidying maybe I can make enough room in the shed for a model railway. Now that is interesting, much better than a vacuum cleaner.

No comments:

Post a Comment