The first proper day of Babs holiday

Sunday
Babs has finished her OU project so they can have a holiday now.

We all went up to the Breck Childrens Farm. There was not a great deal there, 3 pigs, a pen of sheep, 3 pens of goats, 2 ponies and 2 donkeys along with a few cages of guinea piga and rabbits but they have only recently started up so I suppose they will improve slowly as they manage to get things done.

Breck Farm is one of the places that we considered buying but we decided that although it had a lot of potential we would need to be 20 years younger to enjoy tackling it.
Harry really enjoyed it though and when all is said and done, that is what it is all about.

On the way back from Breck farm I finally got to see the Bearded Seal at Finstown. I knew that it was to haul out at the old slip in Finstown but I did not know exactly where the old slip was. Andy Leitch told me the other day where the slip was and Lo and Behold, the first time I look for it on the way back from Breck Farm the bearded seal is hauled out.



They are normally only found in the Arctic Ocean but this one has been around finstown for some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment