We bid a fond farewell to some faithful saplings.

Tuesday 24th August 2010
This morning we went to Kirkwall and at vast expense bought enough sheep netting to finish completely netting the side field si that the disobedient dog can not leg it off whenever it wants. Maybe I will get it trained eventually but better safe than sorry.

Gareth topped round the edge of the field with Maddy's baby tractor while I strimmed up to the bottom of the fence. How come he a;ways gets the jobs that involve sitting on a machine while I get the mugs jobs?

While Gareth was topping the edge of the field he thought that he would be very helpful and trim round the back garden. I was blissfully strimming and did not realise how much help I was getting.

I had previously battled with Pam to leave the border between the lawn and the road for the grass and wild flowers as well as the several saplings that had probably been struggling to shove their head up for 5 years or so. Just for a change I had managed to win the argument with Pam so I had my nice if somewhat scruffy area of garden.

The along comes Mr Tidy on the tractor and pasture topper and Whoosh, a couple of minutes later it is all very tidy short grass with tiny stumps of the ex saplings pointing folornly skywards as they finally give up after years of struggling.

Tea and then when Maddy was safely in bed Gareth and I to the pub as we thought we had earned it although I am not sure if my little baby trees would agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment