Another day, another gale.

Friday 18th February 2011
Just for a change it was wet and windy again so not much done. I don't mind the wind (within reason) but I am to old, knackered and retired, so I do not have to go out in the rain.

During a lull in the rain we nipped down to South Ronaldsayto pick up some light sussex chickens that Pam had arranged to buy. A young couple had advertised some hens and ducks on the Orkney forum and we could do with some egg layers (especially with the number of cakes that Pam intends to bake by way of practice) When we left it was a bit windy round home but it was a lot more windy when we arrived to collect the hens.

Lee and Sue (for that was their names) bought their house a couple of years ago but are living in a caravan while they do it up. It's a good job that they are young. They have a lot of work to do on the house to make it habitable and I would not like to live in a caravan there for very long. It is however, the daft sort of thing that I may have done at their age and they have no kids so I hope they manage OK.

Orkney seems to be a magnet for people who are mildly eccentric. (Most of the the locals seem eminently sensible) As one of the few really sane and well balanced incomers, I am part of a small minority.

No comments:

Post a Comment