Lethargy strikes

Saturday 5th february 2011
I was going to go to a portrait drawing class in kirkwall this morning but the post-beer lethargy caused me not to bother. there is another class next month and you can't go rushing headlong into things.

Sunday was another "do nothing" day, just moving some of the rubble that builders always seem to leave even after they have cleaned up. In the evening we went to Dave and Claire's for a very pleasant meal and so to a very welcome bed.

On Monday Pam's car was booked in for an MOT so I took Molly down in the car and we walked back. On the way back Molly found a nice fresh tasty looking pile of horse muck and managed to gobble down a good bit before I could stop her. Consequently, when we got home she was violently sick about 10 times all over the house. Fortunately this was before Pam got up so she did not get upset. As it was she started retching when I told her about it. She never did have a strong stomach.

The car passed its MOT but then I think that it seems to be a foregone conclusion. The garage charges quite a lot for anMOT but it is better to pay a bit more and know that it will pass. The trouble is that I feel I should have it checked to see if I need to get anything fixed anyway.

The building inspector came round on Thursday. He had a check round and said that one of the downspouts from the gutter needs to be run into a drain or soak-away. I spent the rest of the day trying to find the drain. I could find the first 6 foot but then nothing so I had to dig a new one and then I spent the first couple of hours on Friday morning covering the drain and soak-away and filling it back in again. Oh what a fascinating life I lead.

Friday evening another gale was predicted at about 55MPH. Not really worth bothering with after last week. It is unfortunately a south easterly though so may cause some problems with the barriers in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment