The computer is on a go slooooooooooowwww

Sunday 30th January 2011
The computer has been horribly slow yesterday and today so I thought that I had better try and sort it out. My first thought was that the virus checker may be slowing it so I changed my virus checker. No difference. I spent most of the morning trying a variety of things that I thought may be slowing it down but all to no avail.

As I was getting totally hacked off with the computer I decided to abandon it for the time being and we went down to the Sands of Wright and Hoxa Dam for a stroll.


The little house that Maddy built when she was up in August is still there but it has had a little bit of damage either due to the winter storms or over enthusiastic children jumping on it.




This is the little house when new so I think that Maddy has a few repairs to do to it when she next comes up here.






When we returned I had a sudden flash of inspiration about the computer. It started acting up just after Alistair fixed the TVs. I looked behind the telly and sure enough there was a spare phone plugged in with no suppressor on it. I unplugged the phone and Hey-Presto, problem solved and computer back to normal. Most of a day wasted for nothing but then I am retired and so days are meant to be wasted.

4 comments:

  1. Don't tell Gareth that badgers are noble animals he is likely to get rather irrational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But they are, and beautiful too. Does Gareth have no soul?

    ReplyDelete
  3. He thinks that cows are more beautiful.

    ReplyDelete