Pam's Birthday

Monday 31st January 2011
I was going to go down to the shop with Molly this morning to get a birthday card for Pam but just to be awkward, Pam got up early. Well actually she did not get up until about 9 o-clock but this is early compared to her more usual 10 to 10:30.
To be fair to Pam, she does say that when she appears in the living room at 10:30 she has already made the bed, cleaned the windows, polished the dog etc, etc. You can make up your own mind as to wether you believe this rubbish or not.

Anyway because Pam was up early, I got a bollocking for not having a card. It was a wet and windy day but Molly and I braved the weather and went down to the shop to get a card. It was either that or get no food today. When I got back I gave Pam the card and her present which was an iPod docking station. Unfortunately the iPod that Barbara is sending has not arrived yet so my present is useless.

I had a go at doing some drawings of birds after starting to read Tim Wooton's book. I was quite pleased with the result. I think that it actually looks like a bird.
No comments from perfectionists are necessary.

In the evening I took Pam out to Lucano's, the latest jewel in Kirkwall's vast array of cosmopolitan night spots. (Well it's an Italian restraunt) It was very nice but a meal at the pub down Burray village may have been better and certainly would have been cheaper and more convenient. I am getting older and wiser now though and after thirty something years of marriage, I have finally realised that as far as treats for ladies is concerned, quality, value and convenience are less important than appearances and the impression that you have had to go to a great deal of trouble.

Most women do not seem to be genetically more stupid than most men but when it comes to going out somewhere they seem to loose all common sense, wanting to do the most difficult and most expensive thing even if it is not the best. There is however no way of changing this so we will just have to go along with it and humour them.

2 comments:

  1. Good drawing, well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Orkney. Everyone gets all arty even people like me who should know better.

    ReplyDelete