The return of Jock

Friday 29th October 2010
Friday morning and Molly was happy. Jock came up to play today for the first time in several days so she was bouncing all over him.


Duncan tells me that Jock is just as bad and if Duncan goes round to his parents in the morning then Jock will not eat his breakfast because he knows he is coming up here and he gets to excited.

The plumbers finally got round to fitting a stop cock to our water supply after I have been asking for 2 months. They had to turn off the supply to Mr Scotts farm up the road because our supply is taken straight off his water pipe. I duly went up and told Mr Scott what we were doing and explained that the water would be off for 10 to 15 minutes. The plumber then cut the pipe to fit the stopcock and found that the one he had was the wrong size. He therefore had to shoot of to Kirkwall to get the correct one and I had to go to Mr Scott and tell him that his water would be off for about one and a half hours just as he was having his dinner. Hopefully he had a full kettle of water.
However all's well that ends well and I now at least have a stopcock.

On Saturday we went down to the garden centre in Kirkwall where the RSPB were having a "feed the birds day" with info on what to feed and so forth.
We were looking for some plants and shrubs for the garden but there was not much there. I suppose they may have some more stock in next spring.

I got a big ball of string and made a lead for Molly. It is about 20 yards long with a lump of wood on the end so I can let her go and if she won't come back then I can just stamp on the string and reel her in.

No comments:

Post a Comment